8 Questions to Ask Your Home Health Care Agency Or Nurse
If you are in the process of finding a home care services agency or if you are considering hiring a home care nursing aide or a home health care physical therapist or occupational therapist, it is critical to find out their qualifications.
We assembled a list of 8 questions you can ask the home care agency to ensure that you are choosing the right provider for your needs.
1) What is the background of the home care company & how long have they been in business?
You want to find a reputable in home nursing agency that has been in business for a number of years and has a successful track record. Home Nursing Services in DELHI/NCR Most newer home nursing care agencies haven’t been around long enough to build a proven track record or a list of red flags.
So, it’s important to find out as much information about the company as possible. You can do this by finding information on who owns the company and what role the ownership plays in the type and levels of service.
2) What are the home nursing care agencies qualifications, certifications, experience and training of their home care aides and nurses?
It’s extremely important to find out about the credentials of the home health aides and nurses that the home care company sends to your home.
Make sure their home health aides and nurses are certified and have received adequate training.
3) How does the home nursing care agency monitor care and can the family provide feedback?
Find out if there are any quality assurance measures in place. Many home health care agencies periodically visit the home of the client or make regular calls to gather client feedback.
If this is not the case, find out how a family member can provide feedback on the quality of care or who they may contact in the home care agency to have any questions answered.
4) Are there any home visits or assessments that take place prior to home health care services beginning?
Find out if there are any options available that allow the family members, client and the home care agency representative to meet prior to the start of services. Most reputable home nursing care agencies offer free consultations.
5) Does the agency have a current operating license in their respective state or city?
It is important to find out if the home health care agency has a current and valid license to operate in their respective city or state. This often overlooked aspect is the most important factor in choosing a home health care agency.
6) How does the home nursing care company work with your doctor in developing a plan of care?
Most agencies work directly with your doctor in planning for your care, especially if the client requires care that is beyond the scope of activities related to activities of daily living.
7) Can the home care company provide references or testimonials?
Most reputable home health care companies can provide references from doctors, CARDIOLOGY CARE AT HOME in Noida, Indrapuram, Ghaziabad, Delhi nurses, social workers and even clients if requested. They may even have a page on their website that is dedicated to providing this type of information to potential clients.
8) What happens if a home health aide or nurse is absent from the agency on a particular day?
If the home health care provider is required to take a day off for illness or another emergency, what type of protocol is put in place by the home health care company to cover the absence?
There are usually plans put in place to ensure that the client receives that continuity of care in the event of an absence by their home care provider or nurse.